Thursday, September 15, 2005

fundraising frenzy

Well, I have to say, my contentedness with the staff of Alma Heights has somewhat lessened of late. There have been repeated cirmcumstances of frustration that have, well...frustrated me. This whole week has been pretty frustrating. Starting with Monday, while the Student Council meeting was occuring, Mr. Gross started a new system, that I am still at this moment not entirely clear about. Without previously even mentioning it to any of the representatives, he started a hierarchy system in every class (president, vice president, treasurer, secretary). In other words, my class held elections for these offices while niether Chloe nor I were there or knew that it was happening. Why has this happened? An interesting question, and I would love to know the answer myself. Now I, the representative, have only a vague idea of this new system that will possibly have a dramatic effect on my responsibilities. Isn't this why I was elected, in order to know about these things? Someone please explain that to me.

Another thing that Chloe and I have been working on is getting some fundraisers going for our class. With out luck, we've had to change the date several times. We decided on October 1st, but driving to school on Wednesday, I saw a sign in front of Denny's that advertised the date of a kid's fair that would be held at 1030 Linda Mar Boulevard, which is of course the school's address. I notified some teachers of this, and they had no idea it was being held on that day. So, if I didn't find that "sl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home