Sunday, January 01, 2006

king kong

This is unlike me, but I am taking after Chris and writing a review about a movie I recently saw, King Kong. Now, I was wrong when I assumed Serenity was going to be a stupid movie because of the trailer. Serenity was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone, because it has many different parallels, and even some theology for all you nerdy PK's.

Unfortunately, the same is not true of King Kong. The trailer showed this giant ape fighting a t-rex, and I'm afraid that's as good as it gets. The movie is filled with action, suspense, horror, and oversized creatures, but in the end amounts up to nothing. Let's face it, King Kong had no point to it at all. In the end, the ape just dies, and the lady is all sad, but in no way did it give me an emotional attachment to the beast. I was glad when they killed him, because that meant it was the end of the movie (it was over 3 hours long). It dragged on and on, as one by one each character was devoured or killed in some gruesome way. All so that they could capture the ape and take him to the city, where he would eventually be killed. Some parts just didn't make any sense.

Don't go see King Kong, unless someone pays for your ticket. Even then, I would advise you to spend that money elsewhere. Fun with Dick and Jane wasn't too great either. Funny, but just not that good. I've been disappointed by our movie selection this holiday season. The Chronicles of Narnia was pretty good, but just a bit boring (partly because I know the story so well and partly because it's a simple tale to begin with.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home