Tuesday, January 17, 2006

gizmo

Below is a button you can use to call me on my computer using a nifty little program called Gizmo. It's a program much like Skype (for those of you who are familiar with that) but with more features, and basically allows you to make free internet calls to other users, along with standard text IM capabilities. It's pretty fun to use, and you can even use it to call landlines for a small fee, 1.0 cents/minute (at first it's free, with new accounts). Using a local access number, people from land lines or mobile phones can call you for free.
I can definitely see this as a replacement for phones in the future. I'm sure handsets can be made to connect to the computer or internet connection itself in order to receive calls from other users. It would be great for land-based communications. Cheap, even free calls for everyone all the time! Now that's innovative technology.

Call me on Gizmo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home