Saturday, May 13, 2006

concert follow-up, flea market

The concert two nights ago was pretty good. Certainly not the best concert I've been to (it probably ranks in the lower region, for that matter). Hem, the opener, had a long session, and then came back when she received an encore. Don't get me wrong, Hem's got a great sound, but unfortunately her voice is, as Simon would say, very "one-dimensional." The stuff she sings is beautiful, but it all sounds the same. By the time she was finished we were all well prepared to see Over the Rhine.

She was amazing. Her voice is utterly phenomenal. I enjoyed every minute of that part. She sang many familiar songs, though unfortunately she didn't sing "Who Will Guard the Door" (the song featured on my podcast), which I was waiting expectantly for. She sang some other familiar tunes that were equally good as well, which was completely fine.

Overall, OK concert.


Today is the Flea Market at our school, and I'll be there from 8-4pm. Pray that the weather will be in our favor, and that our milkshake idea doesn't turn out to be a complete disaster. We got plenty of enthusiasm from students this time around though, which is definitely encouraging. This year has been very difficult for me. Hardly any of our stuff has been approved, and if so it is with great reluctance. Or, we'll get it approved and no one ever tells us about it. We've been more aggressive with our ideas lately, so we have a greater amount of fundraising now than before, but I wish it had been this way all year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home