Sunday, April 30, 2006

wordpress

I'm trying out this blog service I just heard of, called WordPress. So far it's ok, the setup is very similar to Blogger, though I think Blogger's is a bit more clean and consolidated. Wordpress does have a really nice feature that gives you stats on your page (who has visited, a graph of the amount of growing viewers; it also tells you how many people got to your blog through a search engine, etc). I really like that feature. The only thing that seems to be missing is a flexible template editor. They give you cool templates like on Blogger, but I haven't found a way to edit it so i can put in my own header, change link colors and rollover effects, etc. Until I know I can do that, I'm not going to switch over. If you're curious, you can start one for free by going to WordPress.com. They also have a handy feature that lets you import all of your posts, comments, and preferences from Blogger (something I did on my WordPress page).

And yes, WordPress is RSS compatible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home