Thursday, April 27, 2006

sc elections

Before I begin studying for my Biology test tomorrow, I feel it necessary to journal my thoughts and anxieties at the moment. For some reason, student council elections are stressing me out and seem to be all I can think about.

What is it with this thing? I keep telling myself "It's OK, it's just student government, if you lose you'll get over it and be fine." And that's really how I feel: I'd be just fine if I lost. But I really want to win.

I'm nervous about it though. I don't know why. I try to forget about it, think about something else, pray that God would give me peace about it, but still the same obsession fills my mind. I'm MUCH improved from a few days ago though, I was a nervous wreck for a while there. I'm starting to precede in my mind everything I do and say with "How would this affect my reputation as a good candidate?" It's driving me nuts.

Please pray for me, that I would be able to calm down, since I know that I'm over-reacting BIG TIME and that elections won't take place for four more weeks, the last of which will be the "posters/campaigning" week. I wish I could put up my posters now, but Mrs. Travis said "No, not until everyone's turned in their applications for office." I think they made the due date for those too far away. May 19? That's the day before my birthday, and it's in three weeks!! I can hardly wait that long. I almost want to vote NOW and see who wins, just to get it out of the way.

I'd love to be vice president. Overseeing the committees, working side-by-side with the president (which would hopefully be Matt--not that Meg isn't an oustanding candidate, but Matt and I would work better together, which is why we're running partners); I feel up to the challenge, ready to take on the task. I'd really be great at relaying important information between different committees.

If Matt and I were elected to office, communication would be our priority. That's been a consistent weakness the past two years. We could definitely focus in on that, as well as making the student council more accessible to the students (as far as input and feedback goes). We want everyone's voice to be heard. We tend to think alike on student government matters, which means we'd get a lot done with less chit-chat. At this point, it looks like all females will be running for the secretary and treasurer positions. This means that if Matt and I are elected, there will be a balanced male to female ratio in the executive council (which is highly favorable in all cases; girls tend to pay attention to details, and guys tend focus on getting things done--BOTH are equally important...too much of one is not a good thing though.)

But I'll be patient. I'll hang in there, and by God's grace perhaps I'll even win.

That's up to you guys;)

P.S. MR. Q--Could you edit this picture and remove the white corners for me, so it's just the blue border with the rounded edges? That would be awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Quiring said...

I'm about to go to bed, but this only took me about 20 seconds, so here you go:
png version
gif version

I think you should have said "Juan Marcos" instead of "John Mark" - It would have fit the style similar to "Vote for Pedro."

Vote for Juan Marcos!

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home