Thursday, July 20, 2006

let's discuss

Yesterday, my cousins and I were watching Ellen DeGeneres, a widely-known lesbian and a comedian, who happened to be performing a stand-up routine. She was hilarious, and the routine was relatively clean.

My Grandma walked in and, being very conservative in her beliefs, demanded that we turn off the TV, because Ellen is a lesbian, and she wouldn't have us watching it in her house.

Is this a correct judgement? Should we stop watching Ellen or any other gays because of the very fact that they are gay, and watching them would indirectly support them and possibly even their lifestyle?

What do you think? This could be a good discussion topic, and is also a good way to see where we all stand on our theology. Is she right? Is she wrong? And why?

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Quiring said...

I meant to respond to your post earlier, but I got too wrapped up in it. I'm doing a study on the Holiness of God and of the believers. I started writing up a piece, but it got too big. I'll post it on my own blog some time... when (if) I ever finish it.

[Not that I'll ever "finish" becoming holy, in this mortal shell. But you know what I mean. Finish the blog post.]

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home