Sunday, August 20, 2006

announcing: the student council website

The website is almost finished, but I thought I'd go ahead and make it public, for your previewing pleasure. Mr. Quiring, I'm especially hoping for some good advice from you :) Please don't hesitate to let me know what you think, how improvements can be made, etc. This website has undergone several changes/"facelifts" since it's original conception, and overall has a more consistent theme and feel than before. Some pages still need information to be filled out/corrected (such as the "Offices" page), but that has to wait for when I get my hands on a copy of the constitution (which Mrs. Travis doesn't seem like she's going to email it to me like I asked, though there must be some reason for it). That page does have the layout complete, so you're getting a good idea of what the finished product will look like. Here and there, different pages have bits of missing information, but all of that will be filled once we determine what committees we'll be having, who will lead them, etc. Also, some SC members don't check their email, or they do and never respond to mine, making me unable to fill some of the gaps on the "Leadership" page.



I'm hoping this will become a useful tool for students and not a complete waste of my time. Every picture used in the heading (except for the "Upcoming Events" page) is an original, which obviously curtails any copyright issues.

The easiest way to get there is by going to ahcouncil.blogspot.com, which will redirect you.

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Quiring said...

It looks pretty good. The Committees page has a minor formatting problem. The colored background in the subsection titles overlaps slightly with the rounded corners of your boxes. That can be fixed by adjusting your margins and/or padding.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home