Wednesday, April 19, 2006

new outlook, new resolve, new template

A lot of things have changed recently, so I'm breaking loose from one of the longest single designs I've had for my blog in a long time (those of you who know me also know that I am prone to spastically and radically changing my blog interface from time to time). "Snapshot Tequila" was a great template, and perhaps someday I'll find myself going back to it.

I still have a lot of customizing to do, but this is a rough draft of my layout. Hopefully I'll be able to figure things out with my html/css sleuthing skills. It took me forever to figure out how to do that header, but now I've got it down pat so I can easily replace it and resize it with anything I want. Pretty cool. It also eliminates the "font barrier", which means I can make my title any font I want, even if it's Mac-only, and use it because it's part of the picture. I LOVE Blogger. It's so easy to customize and make it your very own, which is exactly what I want.

I'll be changing the fonts on this template from Trebuchet to Arial, and perhaps figure out how to widen the margins on my post column (it's a bit skinny for my taste). Of course, I'll have to color coordinate the link color, hover, etc. Maybe I'll even figure out how to make semi-transparent background blocks like I use on the JMix website. Any tips or suggestions on how to make this page look better are appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home