Friday, May 26, 2006

campaign results

In case you don't know already, here are the elected officials in next year's student council.

Meg Luth: President
John Mark Harrell: Vice President
Katelyn Curtis: Secretary
Janice Lee: Treasurer
Ben Trim: Chaplain
Thomas John Guardino: Co-Chaplain/Worship Leader
Karina Tin, Cherith Welling: Senior Reps
Chloe Brisbane, Jackie Shee: Junior Reps
Tatiana Chicas, Sarah Nolasco: Sophomore Reps

At last, we have results. I've been anxious to know what this list would look like for over a month, and overall I'm pleased (except for a couple "odds and ends"). If it were up to me, Matt would be President and I Vice President, but Meg is a fine candidate as well. Matt has taken it well, which I am very glad for. He and I will still talk politics from time to time, I'm sure:)

To be completely honest, I didn't think I would win. I worked late nights all weeks getting my campaign ready, and brainstorming for new poster ideas (Chris and Matt both helped me with that), but I figured the cookies and all the little trinkets and q-tips and whatever else was being handed around would surely defeat me. I guess I have none to thank but God for putting me in this position. He's got me there for a reason, therefore I will fully and wholeheartedly take on the task. I will always strive to serve you well as the student body Vice President. Feel free to give me any ideas or opinions about how we can improve school!! That's what I'm all about.

As a sidenote, I'm looking into starting a school newsletter next year, edited and created by the students, for the students. Most schools have something like that, and it's a pretty big deal. Contact me via email (johnmark@harrell.net) if writing, drawing cartoons, or interviewing are things that at all interest you.

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Quiring said...

Things like the school newsletter are easy to start... but very difficult to keep going and maintain.

Just a warning and word of wisdom for you.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home