Sunday, October 15, 2006

fasting

The computer has been the cause of most of my problems lately. I spend way too much time on it. Every time I get on, thinking I'll just quickly check my email and get on with life, I always get sucked into other activities, like wasting time in the iTunes Store or logging on to AIM or myspace or whatever. Enough is enough.

I'm not fasting from the computer indefinitely. But I will be off for the next two weeks. I need get myself back into reality again, because right now my reality has been hours in front of this screen. I'll spend time doing useful things, like doing homework, studying, practicing instruments, and reading. I need a break.

I've stocked up my iPod with tons of new music to go through, so that shouldn't be a problem. I actually may need to get on tomorrow to complete an assignment given by Mr. Shapiro (he makes us turn our things in to TurnItIn.com), but after that there's nothing on his schedule. Any other essays that pop up in other classes will just have to be written. If you absolutely must contact me (and you can't wait until you see me next), ask me for my cell phone number and I will give it to you. I'll probably check my email once or twice at school, when I deem it to be necessary.

So I bid you all goodbye for a while, but don't worry, you'll still get to see me in person like you usually do! I'm hoping this break will help me get a bit more balance into my life. I'm publicly announcing this so that there is some accountability involved, because if I just make a private resolution I'll have no problem breaking it. The only time I'm allowing myself to use a computer is at school, for newspaper/yearboook purposes. I'll post my reflections on October 29th. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home