Saturday, December 30, 2006

i got a wii!!

As I'm sure you all know, the Wii is very hard to come by. I got the money for a Wii on Christmas morning, and I really didn't think I'd actually purchase one until I got home, since all the places I checked seemed to suggest that there wouldn't be any shipments for a long time.

Fortunately, one of my cousin's friend's dad discovered that the Toys 'R Us had 8 of them shipped to their store. They hid them away, only selling them to the people who asked specifically for them. He bought three, gave one to a friend who had been looking for one, and planned to sell the other two on eBay. I didn't know him well enough to beg him for one, but I was hopeful that the Toys 'R Us had at least one left. I learned this late at night, so we had no choice but to try the next morning. I got little sleep that night.

Next morning, we arrived 10 minutes before it opened, along with another family (but they weren't there for a Wii, they just didn't know how late the store opened). The manager opened the doors for us early, and we rushed in to the "R Zone"--the area of the store with all those newfangled doohickeys. We asked a few employees about it, and they all responded mechanically, "no, we don't have any" as if they had been saying it over and over for the past few days. Finally, we were able to convince a guy to check the back. A few minutes later, he walked out with the Wii box, exclaiming that it was the last one. I was elated. There was a man behind us who had just walked in (which was technically when the store was supposed to be open), who asked after seeing ours if there were any left. If he had come just a few minutes earlier, I wouldn't be making this blog post right now.

While I was there, I bought "Rayman's Raving Rabbids", and later at Target I grabbed the last three nunchucks they had. Now I just need two more "wiimotes" (one's coming in the mail from Amazon, another last-item grab), and I'm set. I also have four wavebird controllers for all those classic/gamecube games.

So far, for multiplayer, we've been sharing the one wiimote and have bowled like crazy. It's really a blast, and I've enjoyed playing by myself as well (RRR is a single-player game, highly recommended). If any of you happens to come by a couple of wiimotes, be sure to give me a call ;)

I'd post pictures, but I'm camera-less at the moment, and I'm pretty sure you all got the hands-on experience at the Jingle Ball.

Anyway, that is the extent of my adventures. I'm looking forward to getting all the wiimotes and having full Wii functionality.

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Quiring said...

JM's GPA just dropped 0.25 points... Just Kidding! I can imagine wasting hours on that thing. It's loads of fun!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home