Monday, December 04, 2006

Francis Collins' brilliant piece of literature

Because of his book, I would confidently call my scientific approach "BioLogos".

You'll understand when you read it, and right now the context of that belief would be Theistic Evolution. BioLogos is not dependent on or limited to Theistic Evolution, however.

Francis Collins, head of the history-making Human Genome Project, is an openly-professing theist (Christian, more specifically). His book talks about the harmony between faith and science, and how a Creationist or Intelligent Design approach is not required (and is, in some ways, deterrent of) a committed, legitimate faith. I also covers his view of Atheistic Fundamentalism (widely known to be held by influential scientists like Richard Dawkins). As a sidenote, my favorite British biochemist Alister McGrath is publishing a book in direct response to Dawkins' The God Delusion, entitled The Dawkins Delusion: Atheistic Fundamentalism and the Denial of the Divine (more info on that book when it's available). Collins' book differs from McGrath's, in that it covers many topics of interest, not just atheism.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested. Let me know if you want to borrow it and I'd be happy to let you give it a read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home