Thursday, June 01, 2006

ridiculous amounts of homework

Mr. Ogden!!!! WHY do you choose the week before finals to bombard us with mountains of homework? It's ridiculous. I really don't know why you're doing this to us. I wish you'd stop, please. I'd like to study for my finals. My study guides are many pages long and I've hardly made a dent after working for hours. And I still have all your assignments to do!!! Forget it. I'll do them if I have time, I already get the concepts.

Call this immature whining if you will, but homework amounts in general are becoming astronomical. The amount of homework at Alma Heights, compared to other schools, is not quite as burdensome, but is still burdensome nothetheless. My parents are always commenting on how much more homework we have to do than they did when they were kids. What's up with that? My poor sister, who's in 8th grade (at Alma Heights) has been up past midnight almost every night the past three weeks, and has spent countless late nights throughout the year doing nonstop homework. Why? Are teachers "throwing in the towel"? We might as well teach ourselves, the homework load would be the same.

Maybe I'm just speaking out of my buttocks on this one, but all I know is that we have a whole lotta homework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home